Values at Windmill
These core values underpin our vision and everything we do at Windmill L.E.A.D. Academy. They help guide us to lead more meaningful lives through the choices we make and influence our attitudes and behaviours.
Every month we focus on a core value:
Through high expectations, we endeavour to instil a passion for life-long learning by fostering a respect for self, others and the environment. We will deliver an inclusive curriculum that inspires, nurtures and develops the talents of all our learners. By establishing a welcoming, safe and innovative community that empowers learners to think and work creatively, Windmill L.E.A.D. Academy will support children to become successful citizens, capable of adapting to the ever-changing world.
We want children to develop resilience and independence in all academic and social domains that can be transferred to the wider world. Windmill learners will be ambitious, confident builders of their own futures; critical thinkers with adaptable outlooks, which will enable them to enrich their lives and the lives of others around them.
Windmill L.E.A.D. Academy exists to create a community of learners that have respect and integrity at the core of their being.
At Windmill, we envisage that children will be:
- Empowered to work both collaboratively and independently;
- Confident in English and mathematic fluency;
- Leaders within their own learning;
- Resilient against setbacks;
- Curious in their exploration of the curriculum;
- Reflective in their achievements, challenges and goals;
- Understanding of different cultures and beliefs that exist in our community;
- Courteous towards others, themselves and the environment around them;
- Literate in technology within the evolving world;
- Knowledgeable in the British Values that support and strengthen our school;
- Able to lead healthy and active lives;
- Nurture and value the natural world.
In order to facilitate this, we ensure children will have:
- A unique, broad thematic curriculum approach that facilitates exploration beyond the classroom and connects learning between subjects;
- A curriculum that gives the opportunity to embed English, mathematical and computing skills across subjects;
- A rich global education;
- A PSHE curriculum that helps children to develop the tools to keep themselves safe;
- An ethos that values the integral partnership between inquiry, learning and happiness;
- High expectations that are consistently employed;
- Pioneering and robust teaching, underpinned by contemporary educational research;
- An engaging, safe and stimulating environment where children take risks, question and develop an array of skills;
- Role models across the learning community to communicate, interact and collaborate with;
- A comprehensive approach to wellbeing that encompasses diet, exercise and mental health;
- Adventures in the natural world;
- Opportunities to explore and experience future aspirations.